FACULTY ARTICLES ABOUT LADAKH
- Jonathan Mingle, former VIS leader, writes about skiing in Ladakh at 18,000 feet for the 2011 Patagonia Winter Catalog.
- Jonathan Mingle writes about trekking into the Zanskar region of Ladakh over the frozen Chaddar river for the New York Times.
- Amy Kathleen Higgins, former VIS leader, wins National Geographic Young Explorers Grant to continue her research on artificial glaciers in Ladakh.
- Amy Kathleen Higgins is interviewed by National Geographic Radio about her research about artifical glaciers in Ladakh. (to listen to this piece, see the player on the right side of the page)
- Amy Kathleen Higgins’ National Geographic research is profiled in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle.
- Amy Kathleen Higgins is a winner in SAGE Magazine’s Young Environmental Writer’s Contest 2012 for “Ice Rink at 16,000 feet”, about climate change in Ladakh.